Over the summer my boyfriend and I decided to go to a Jimmy Eat World concert. We ordered the tickets online and had them shipped to my house. The day before the concert, the tickets were in my mailbox and I was thrilled when I realized that a second set of tickets had been accidentally shipped along with mine. The envelope that the second set of tickets were in had somehow been stuck to the envelope my tickets had come in. There was no postage stamp on the second envelope, only an address to where they should have been shipped.
I was faced with an issue. The address was for Howard Lake; not to far away from Buffalo. I could have easily looked up the directions to the address online and returned them to the owner so they were able to get to the show. Then there was the second option, and that was to keep the tickets. I had a couple of friends that loved Jimmy Eat World and would have loved to come with my boyfriend and I.
It was either fix Ticket Masters mistake, or profit from it.
I decided that, however wrong it probably was, that I would invite my friends along and see if they could use the tickets to get it. After all, it was TicketMasters mistake for not mailing them out properly and I couldn't let a pair of tickets go to waste, especially since they had already been paid for and everything. We all went to the show and had a wonderful time, there were no problems getting them into the show and everything went smoothly.
If I had been that person who had never received my tickets, the fitting response would have been to cal up ticketmaster and make them refund the money, which I'm sure they did. I feel a little bad about them not being able to see the show, but we all had a great time.
Lesson To Be Learned
When you decide to purchase tickets online from TicketMaster, either have them on Will Call and waiting for you at the door, or go to a location and pick them up. It's much safer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment