Friday, August 29, 2008

Now, I would like to think that I am a pretty strong minded person. It takes a lot to persuade me to do something. In fact, often times if I realize someone is trying to get me to do something I have a tendency to do the opposite. I have to admit though, that there have been some occasions where I did find myself going along with something other people wanted to do and it didn't turn out so well.
A few years ago my family had taken a trip to Gooseberry Falls. For those of you who are not familiar with it, it's a series of waterfalls in Two Harbors Minnesota and a great place for families to take their kids to play in the warm pools and small falls. Of course the small pools have to be filled by something and that's where my cousin and I got into trouble. We decided we were going to find the source of the rushing water.
It didn't take long to find the thirty foot waterfall and we eagerly decided to climb to the top and look down. Once there my cousin pointed out a log that was stuck on a rock a few feet down the falls. He told me to grab and and me being the daredevil I am, decided to do as he had requested. I stepped out onto the moss covered rock and the rushing water caused my foot to slip and for me to fall. I slid about five feet or so down the falls before my feet hit a rock and I was able to stop myself.
My cousin quickly helped me back to the top of the falls and we made our way back to the family who were playing in the safe areas below. I don't think anyone saw me nearly fall down the waterfall and I'm happy for that. Not only would it have seriously hurt me, but my mother would have been very angry.

Lesson To Be Learned
Take a moment to think about what you are about to do before you do it. It may save your life.

No comments: