Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First day of College

As a High School senior we dreamt about this day for years. The first moment when we are finally out on our own, able to make our own decisions, and have no one around to tell us what to do. It seems so perfect.

Unfortunately, my first day of classes was not all it could be. It all started when I moved to campus. The first night I ended up with a parking ticket. Yes, that was wonderful. Not only do I have to pay this ridiculious fine, but now I have to figure out where to go to pay for it. Step one of MSU stealing my money had already been started. But this wasn't the first day of classes, oh no, this was two days BEFORE classes started. now lets talk about the first day of class.
I didn't have to be in class until 10:00 so I was thinking I would be able to sleep in and enjoy myself. Nope. I had to pick up my parking permit. Somewhere between the cashiers office and my car I managed to lose my MavCard which meant no food, access to my dorm room, or any other building for that matter. Not an hour after losing my card I managed to lock my keys in my dorm room. It was shaping out to be a wonderful first day of class. Luckily I actually made it to the right room on time, but to add to the day, I walked into the class as the class before me was just finishing. Met with strange and confused looks from everyone, I quietly took my seat and buried my head in my bag. That seemed to work until class started.

I still had the dilemma of how I was going to eat that day, so I ended up having to purchase a new MavCard for $15. I was locked out of my room still and my roommate was nowhere to be found. so once more, MSU took my money by making me pay another $5 to rent a room key just so I could get into my room, scrounge around for five bucks and then return the key ten minutes later.

Aside from the trauma of losing everything that was important to me, I would like to think that I had a good first day of classes.



Lesson To Be Learned:

Keep your MavCard and room key on the same lanyard and keep them with you at all time. Also having your roommates number is a good idea as well.

No comments: